Quality Technician II
Quality Technician II
This person will be responsible for planning and directing activities relating to maintaining the Knapheide Quality System
Position Expectation Statements:
The primary objectives of this position will be to maintain the Knapheide Quality Management System and supervise the Quality Control auditing process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate quality issues and determine root cause and corrective action.
- Participate in shop order reviews and request changes as needed.
- Create Installation Quality Check lists and QC Audit Check lists for each job order
- Maintain the Knapheide Weld Program including weld training, NDT testing, weld certifications and auditing.
- Assist in the creation of Knapheide Quality Standards
- Perform training on Knapheide Quality Standards.
- Supervise Quality Technicians responsible for the QC Audit processes.
- Creation and communication of Quality Alerts.
- Monitoring quality metrics for trends and determining actions for the reduction of quality defects.
- Assure that the completed product meets Knapheide quality standard for form, fit and function of the completed units.
- Assist in communicating quality issues throughout the organization in order to prevent further occurrences.
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Special assignments as directed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to interact with others.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn.
Preferred Experience and Training:
- Previous work in a Quality function
- Strong mechanical background.
- Previous experience in the truck equipment industry or similar industry
- Personal computer skills / data collection skills
- Attention to detail in every aspect of the job
- Able to maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Candidate must demonstrate superior product knowledge and print reading skills along with the ability to use measuring devices.
- Must be willing to complete any additional training as provided and required. Must have the ability to gather and analyze statistical data.
- Communicating effectively both one-on-one and with cross-functional groups is a necessity.
- Ideal applicant with possess the ability to organize work and keep records (some computer skills required).
- Must have good leadership skills and be willing to accept responsibility.
- Flexibility in work schedule is a necessity.
Equipment, Tools Used to Perform the Essential/Preferred Functions:
- Standard hand held measuring equipment
- Normal standing, walking, bending and twisting as necessary to perform job duties.
- Use of hand tools
- Exposed to normal seasonal temperatures.
- Lifting/moving up to 75 pounds
- Some travel required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and standard hours of work Monday through Friday.
Two-year technical degree or equivalent training and work experience is required.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.